Dr. Nermeen Amer
Qualifications: Doctorate degree in Ophthalmology, Masters degree in Ophthalmology
- Doctorate degree in Ophthalmology (MD, PHD)
2004-2009 Cairo University – Cairo, Egypt
- Aero-medical Specialist Course
December 2020 – Flyingmedicine.UK
- Master’s degree in Ophthalmology (MSc.)
1999-2001 Cairo University – Cairo, Egypt
- Bachelor’s degree (MBBch.),
1990-1996 Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University – Cairo, Egypt
- General Certificate of Education (GCE).
1989-1990 University of London
GMC Clinics – Dubai, UAE
Ophthalmology Specialist – Aeromedical Ophthalmology Specialist (September 2019-present)
- A general ophthalmologist with special experience in medical retina, using different ophthalmic diagnostic tests as well as recent therapeutic procedures, such as laser photocoagulation and intra-vitreal injections.
- A GCAA- designated aero-medical ophthalmology specialist
Al Zahra Hospital & Medical Center – Dubai, UAE
Ophthalmology Specialist (Jan 2015-Jan2018)
- A general ophthalmologist focusing on the diagnosis and management of patients with neurological disorders and medical retinal conditions.
- Specific areas of interest are optic nerve disease, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vein occlusion, age related macular diseases, papillary abnormalities and double vision.
Hadi Clinic (Hospital) – Jabriya Kuwait (AC Accredited Hospital)
Ophthalmology Specialist (March 2012-May 2013)
- A general ophthalmologist performing recent therapeutic procedures, such as laser photocoagulation and intra-vitreal injections, botox injection in addition to performing LASIK and PRK procedures.
Dar El-Eyoun Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
Ophthalmology Consultant (2003-2012)
- Performed anterior segment ophthalmic surgeries, including cataract surgeries, and examined in-patients pre and postoperatively.
Al-Salam International Hospital – Cairo, Egypt (JCI Accredited Hospital)
Ophthalmology Consultant (2008-2012)
El-Nour Eye Hospital – Cairo, Egypt
Ophthalmology Specialist / Consultant (2004-2012)
International Eye Hospital – Cairo, Egypt
Ophthalmology fellow (part time) (1999- 2002)
- Medical retina
Training / Field of Medicine:
- Specialist Ophthalmologist
Professional Organizations / Membership
- American academy of ophthalmology
- European vitreoretinal society
- Egyptian ophthalmological society
- Egyptian vitreoretinal society